Protexin Soluble is a palatable, probiotic powder for dogs and cats containing 7 different organisms that help to support the health & balance of beneficial bacteria in your pet’s intestine. Can be given daily to help boost your pet’s immune system or after a tummy upset to restore their natural intestinal balance.
It can be added to milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over your pet’s food at mealtimes.
Suitable for use in dogs, cats, hamsters/rodents, horses, birds, cattle, pigs & lambs.
Note for Diabetic animals: Protexin Soluble contains dextrose (glucose). Please seen Vet advice before using
Protexin Soluble should be used:
- during the first few weeks after birth to help puppies & kittens to develop beneficial intestinal bacteria
- before, during and after stressful situations like changes in food, travel or surgery
- in mothers before giving birth, before & during weaning
- routinely after antibiotic treatment
- regularly to prevent tummy upsets and keep pets healthy
- in pets with ‘windy’ tummies
What’s the difference between Prebiotics and Probiotics?
Probiotics are live microorganisms that, when ingested, exert beneficial health effects that extend beyond their nutritional value. There are 7 different organisms in Protexin power.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients that promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.
Directions For Use
Add and mix into milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over the animal’s food.
- Dogs/Cats: 2g per day
- Hamsters/Rodents: ½-1g per day
- Birds: 5-10g per litre drinking water per day
- Piglets/Weaners: 2g per day for 5 days
- Cattle: Calves: 2g per day for 3 days & 1g per day thereafter. Weaned calves & adult cattle: 4g per day
- Lambs: 1g per day
There are no withdrawal periods or any other restrictions on its use. Protexin Soluble® may be fed continuously or a course may be repeated at intervals for maintenance
of good health.
Dosage & Directions for use
Add to milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over your pet’s food at mealtimes.
1 medicine measure = 5 g
|Dogs & cats||2 g (½ medicine measure) daily|
|Hamsters/Rodents||½ – 1 g (1/8 – ¼ medicine measure) daily|
|Birds||5 – 10 g per litre drinking water per day|
|Horses|| Foals/ponies: 5 g per day|
Adult horses: 10 g per day
|Cattle|| Calves: 2 g per day for 3 days, 1 g thereafter|
Weaned calves & adult cattle: 4 g per day
|Lambs||1 g per day|
|Piglets/Weaners||2 g per day for 5 days|